Technical Specialist, Jones Lang LaSalle 1400 Business
Center Dr., Suite 103, Mt. Prospect, IL 60056.
- Environment: Hundreds of locations, 2 RISC AS/400s, approximately
700 workstations, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Internet
- Commercial applications: J.D. Edwards World, JetForm, DataMirror Transformation
Server, Harbinger Trusted Link/400
- Provide 2nd/3rd level support for AS/400 issues
- Provide application technical support for J.D. Edwards World.
- OS/400 Upgrades
- Specify AS/400-related hardware, software
- Define host connectivity standards
- Define system standards
- Develop Business Continuity Plan
- Web site development, including Net.Data
- EDI Implementation
- DataMirror Implementation
|Technical Support Engineer, Acxiom/May & Speh
700 Butterfield Rd., Lombard, IL 60148.
- Due to the merger of Waste Management & USA Waste, all Technical Services
positions were outsourced to Acxiom/May & Speh.
- Same responsibilities as listed under Waste Management.
|Technical Support Engineer, Waste Management, Inc.
3003 Butterfield Rd., Oak Brook, IL 60523.
- Environment: 700 locations, 190 AS/400s, approximately 7000 workstations,
SDLC, Frame-Relay, Ethernet, token-ring, 5x94 controllers, FAX, Netware.
- Provide second level support for AS/400 issues.
- OS/400 Upgrades, evaluations.
- Specify AS/400-related hardware.
- Evaluate utility software.
- Define corporate host connectivity standards.
- Specialized in Client Access connectivity.
- Migrated specialization to Performance and Capacity Planning.
- Document environment, user routines.
- Train support personnel.
- Establish hardware guidelines for AS/400 upgrades.
- Defacto team leader for Performance and Capacity team.
|Systems Specialist, Fiserv 707 W. Algonquin
Rd., Arlington Heights, IL 60005.
- Environment: 2 AS/400s, 40 PCs, Netware LAN. Also AS/400s, peer to
peer LANs, and Netware LANs at 88 client sites.
- Provide second level support for AS/400, PC, and server issues.
- Installed server applications
- Provided support to clients as well as internal users.
- Performed system migrations.
- Maintained and customized Audio Response software.
- Documented environment, user routines.
- Consulted for Fiserv part-time from 1/96 to 5/96.
|Operations Support Specialist, Farley Foods
5301-A W. 65th Street, Bedford Park, IL 60638.
- Environment: 10 locations, 2 AS/400s, approximately 160 workstations,
3 Netware LANs, SDLC, 5394 remote controllers.
- Designed LAN environment.
- Provided first level support for AS/400 hardware issues.
- Installed workstations, terminals, printers, controllers, etc.
- Managed file servers.
- Documented environment and user routines.
|Consultant, Operations Specialist, Independent Consulting
and Indiana Cooperative Library Services Authority 5929 Lakeside
Blvd., Indianapolis, IN 46278.
- Employed by INCOLSA from 5/88 to 11/90. Relocated to Chicago area.
Consulted for INCOLSA during the search for my replacement.
- Environment: 2 locations, 2 Geac 8000 minicomputers.
- Lead operator duties.
- Scheduled and documented operations procedures.
- Hired and trained operations staff.
- Performed minor applications software updates